Thursday, October 16, 2008

"Accessibility for All" Presentation

The "Accessibility for All" presentation that Mr. Steve Sullivan gave was interesting. He talked about how it is the law to make internet material on websites accessible to people with disabilities who can't view them as we do. He talked about the various software and devices that helps the disabled hear, read, and type text on a computer monitor. The software that was shown and demonstrated in the presentation was Screen Reader, Text Enlarger, Voice Recognition Software, and a braille device. This presentation has brought to my attention about the various ways that I can help my special needs students. This presentation has also educated me on the computer software that I can use to make their educational process go much more smoothly.

2 comments:

Jennifer Averitt said...

I hope that Mr. Sullivan's presentation was inspiring in that he showed us that even students with disabilities - with the right tools - can live a very productive life.

Rosilyn said...

This presentation was very informative. I am now aware of a vast amount of software to help special needs students.