Saturday, September 6, 2008

Alabama Learning Exchange

The Alabama Learning Exchange or ALEX is a gateway to educational resources for teachers, administrators, and students. ALEX has a variety of resources that are helpful in aiding educators to create lesson plans, keep track of Alabama Course of Study Standards for their grade level subjects, and also enhance teaching skills. ALEX is an excellent tool that teachers can use in order to help their students reach Alabama Course of Study goals as well. ALEX also has seperate web links for students and administrators that help them enhance their knowledge of particular areas of interest.
ALEX works for educators in several unique ways. One way is to help a teacher who wants to find a created lesson plan that targets the content standards for a subject area he/she is teaching. When the full, detailed lesson plan is in view, the targeted standards are shown as well. Teachers can also create their own lesson plan that ensures effective teaching and targeting content standards. The Alabama Learning Exchange can be accessed at http://alex.state.al.us by doing a search in Google.
When I begin my teaching career, I will use ALEX as one of my resource tools. I will primarily use the sections that will ensure that I target content standards and use various learning styles in my teaching. I will also use the web links for teachers so I will enhance my professional development. This is a great tool for everyone to use especially for math.

1 comment:

Jennifer Averitt said...

Great Job Tomeka! This is what I like to see on blogs. Several good, well written paragraphs regarding the subject for the week. Keep it up.